This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website, Utopiat.com (our “Website”), or through our services, our email list, Amazon store, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram or Youtube (“Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this Policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
What Data We Collect and Why We Collect It:
In general, you can access and/or use many features of our Website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. You also may choose not to provide us with any personal information. In such event, you can still access and use many features of our Website; however, you will not be able to access and use those portions of our Website that require your personal information, such as purchasing goods on the Website.
We only collect personal information when you voluntarily submit it to us. Other data may be collected automatically as you navigate through the site (such as usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, and other tracking technologies) or from third parties, for example, our business partners.
Data that you enter on the Website (including forms, comments, and social media comments) may be collected and stored for later use – including sending you emails. All data is stored in a customer management program that is privately held by a third-party company. When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
In addition, we may collect the following information:
- Name, address, phone number, email, date of birth, gender, and other data that you provide to us (“personal information”).
- Financial information included but not limited to credit card information that you provide to us.
- Areas of interest that you provide to us.
- Name of the domain from which you access the Internet.
- Internet address of the websites from which you linked directly to our site.
- Type of web browsing software and operating system you are using.
- Date and time you access our site and amount of time you spent on the site.
- Pages you visited on our site.
- Client contact information.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
How Information is collected:
Information is collected in a variety of ways which include:
- The use of pixels, cookies, forms, and fields
- Via phone, email, text, and chat features
- Public forums and groups
- Opt-in forms from our websites
- Display and native advertising like Facebook ads
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see WhatRights You Have Over Your Data.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see WhatRights You Have Over Your Data.
How Information Collected Is Used:
Information collected may be used for one or more of the following reasons:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- Added to a database maintained by the Company to customize your experience.
- Deliver information, surveys, requested products and/or services.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- For statistical purposes.
- To share with our social media, advertising and analytics partners who may combine it with other information that you’ve provided to them or that they’ve collected from your use of their service.
- To deliver purchased items.
- To communicate with you on a consistent basis via email and/or social media.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products/services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
- Perform any other lawful acts except for those acts expressly prohibited by this Policy.
Credit card transactions and order fulfillment are handled by established third party banking institutions and payment processing agents (such as Paypal, Sezzle, and Afterpay). These banking institutions and payment processing agents receive the information needed to verify and authorize your credit card or other payment information and to process and ship your order.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Embedded Content from Other Websites:
The Website and Services may contain links to other sites, including, but not limited to, third party payment processing agents. The Company is not responsible for the privacy practices of websites not affiliated with the Company. Inclusion of links to outside websites is not an endorsement of those outside websites or a guarantee that the information they contain is accurate.
Articles and videos on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behave in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who We Share Your Data With:
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this Policy:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To an automated spam detection program.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill your requests for products.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply any other agreements you have with the Company, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
What We Do with Your Payment Information:
All e-commerce transactions are handled securely by third party banking institutions and payment processing agents (such as Paypal, Sezzle, and Afterpay). All transactions will show a charge from Company. Should you have any billing issues please contact us at email@example.com.
Third Party Agreements:
How Long We Retain Your Personal Information:
We retain your personal information, as long as necessary, to fulfill the purposes it was initially collected for or otherwise required by law. We may retain personal information as necessary to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you submit a User Contribution, the User Contribution and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Newsletters/Updates/Promotional Offers from the Company.You have the option to opt out of any campaigns, newsletters, or promotional offer at any time by simply updating your settings or by contacting us directly. There is an unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email sent. You may stop “following” or “liking” our social media accounts at any time by unsubscribing directly from the social media site.
- Third Party Collection. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Communications from the Company may include:
Communications from the Company may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Site updates, company announcements, relevant products and content, programs and services, upcoming events, status of orders placed, and other relevant business purposes
- Responses to your requests for information
- Email, phone, text and social chat features for communication purposes only.
By using the Websites and Services, you agree that you may be contacted in any manner contemplated in this section even if your number is found on a do not call registry, in-house list or similar registry.
Children under the Age of 13:
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your California Privacy Rights:
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
The Services and Website are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than those of the United States. Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or service providers, and by using the Services, the Website, or by providing consent to us (where required by law), you agree to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may provide for different data protection rules than in your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
European Union Residents:
FOR RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN UNION ONLY.
Under European data protection law, in certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- request access to your personal information;
- request correction of your personal information;
- request erasure of your personal information;
- object to processing of your personal information;
- request restriction of processing your personal information;
- request transfer of your personal information; and
- withdraw your consent.
In addition, you have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your personal information) if we intend to use your personal information for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
Our Website uses commercially physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect information collected online including firewalls to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. The use of these security measures is not a guarantee that information supplied over the Internet will not be intercepted.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Change in Terms of Privacy:
Company reserves the right to alter the Privacy policies at any time without notice. Any changes to the Policy will be posted on this page. Please look at the “LAST UPDATED” legend below to see when the Policy was last revised. Any such changes shall be effective immediately upon the posting of the revised Policy on the Website. We reserve the right to make the revised Policy effective for information we already have about you, as well as, information we receive in the future. We encourage you to refer to this Policy on an ongoing basis so that you understand our current privacy policies.
Contacting the Company:
If you have any questions about this Policy or the practices of this Website and Services, please contact:
Jasmine Zhou, Managing Member
LAST UPDATED: July 18, 2019